Last updated 24/04/2020
1. Who we are
We are OwnLand Homes Limited. You can find out how to contact us in Section 4 below.
2. Your Privacy
In the course of our dealings with you, we will collect and process personal information about you. Personal information includes any information allowing us to identify you as an individual, for example, your name, your email address or your telephone number or your home address.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This document tells you:
- what personal information we collect;
- why we collect this information;
- how we will use it;
- how long we will keep it;
- who else will see it;
- how you can contact us;
- your rights in relation to the personal information that we hold, including your rights to change, delete and see your information.
3. What information do we collect?
We collect the following types of information:
- Information we collect when you register with us
When you register with us for information from our website, we will ask you for a number of pieces of information including:
- your name;
- your postal address;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- whether you would like to receive information from us via email, post or telephone;
- Information we collect about how you use our website
Our website or other organisations’ websites where our adverts are shown, we will collect:
- information about any devices you have used (including the manufacturer, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers);
- cookies and information about your online browsing and history on our websites, your location, your product selection, and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites);
- information when you write a review or ask a question;
- details of your purchase with us;
- information about your preferences in connection with our website, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience;
- CCTV footage when you visit our premises;
- information when you “share this” product review via Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus and other social media channels
4. Why do we ask for this information?
If you place an order with us, we need your contact and payment information to enable us to take payment and fulfil your order. We also request your contact information. You can browse our website without providing us with any of this information.
You may also provide us with personal information via our forums, product questions and reviews, and survey responses.
We will ask for or collect your information if you use our customer support services, including telephone support and instant messaging.
We ask for your permission to send you marketing and promotional material using your address, telephone number, email address and SMS, so that we can send invitations to events, special offers, market research, and other marketing material that we believe may be of interest to you. If you give permission, you will be able to withdraw it at any time by:
- emailing [email protected]
- telephoning us on 01536 316463
- writing to us at Customer Correspondence, Ownland Homes Limited, Unit 4 Pytchley Lodge Road, Kettering Northamptonshire NN15 6JQ.
Even if you choose not to receive this marketing information, we may still use your personal information if we need to provide you with important services communications.
5. How do we use your personal information
We are required by law to state a “legal basis for processing”, i.e. to tell you on what grounds we are allowed to use your information. The legal basis for each purpose is that we have your consent for the use of your personal information, or that we need to use your personal information in order to perform a contract with you. If you request brochures or sales leaflets via our website, we will ask for you personal information to send you that content, we will assume you are happy for us to keep your information unless you inform us accordingly.
6. How long do we keep your personal information?
We are required by law to keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period for which we keep your personal information will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
7. Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information with other companies offering a service that forms part of the contract with you. These companies in the main will be; Prestige Homeseeker, the manufacturers of the homes we sell, planning agents, delivery, siting and groundworks companies in connection with the purposes above and those listed below. We may also use the personal information we share with them to improve their websites and other digital services and for analysis purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, including in the following circumstances:
- We may use third parties to carry out certain activities on our behalf that involve the processing of personal information. For example, we may engage third party service providers to deliver packages, send postal mail, SMS text messages and email, maintain and update our databases of customer details (including the removal of repetitive or incorrect information), analyse data to help us develop, provide and improve our services, provide marketing assistance, carry out surveys and provide customer service. These third parties have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- We may pass your details to third parties (such as Experian) for the purpose of improving the quality and accuracy of our database, suppressing records for deceased people and movers, for appending marketing information and for solvency and credit scoring purposes.
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. These external agencies may check the information we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of such checks to use in future security checks. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement authorities in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- We may pass personal information to our insurers in the event that a claim is made or could be made against us.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose personal information held by us to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party (or subject to a reorganisation), personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you; or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
Links to external sites
From time to time we may establish relationships with third parties that will enable you to access the websites or applications (such as video players) of such third parties directly from our own websites or applications. Each third party